Thursday, May 29, 2014



So, I love pizza. And if I could, I would eat it everyday. But unfortunately my body will not allow me to do this without requiring me to buy a whole new wardrobe in different sizes. (Although the whole new wardrobe would be cool) but back to my original statement. I made this, a "healthy-ish pizza." This one happens to be barbecue chicken pizza. 

Ingredients: 
Pitas (I like to cut them in half, open the pita and pull it completely apart)
Sliced Cherry tomatoes
4 Chicken Breasts
Sliced Red Onions
Barbecue Sauce
Mozzarella Cheese
Garlic Hummus

Directions: 
1. You can do the chicken however you like, but I like to grill it. Grill it with your standard seasonings and just as finishing pulled apart the chicken, and throw it on a skillet, add your barbecue sauce and sliced onions on the pan as well.
2. Either in a convection oven or your normal oven, take your half pita and bake until the edges are slightly browned.
3. Pull out your pita halves and spread your garlic hummus (or which ever you like most) on it, take your chicken and onion mix (which should still be hot from the pan) put it on top of the hummus, then the cheese and on top of that the tomatoes.
4. Put the "pizzas" back into the oven, and let it cook until the cheese melts completely. (I wouldn't walk away from the oven, this shouldn't take too long)
5. Take the pizzas out, and serve as you like!

If you are having people over, it is cute to cut it into four and serve on a plate. Nobody doesn't like pizza, expect if they're on a "diet" so this is the perfect fix. Let me know how is goes!

xo

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.